Options to find a Notary:
1. Use a Notary you already know
2. Hire a Notary Agent to come to your home (https://www.signingagent.com)
3. Go to a UPS Store with Notary Services (https://www.theupsstore.com/store-services/notary-services)
- Many UPS Stores have a notary & witnesses on staff
- Bring enough witnesses to have a total of two
4. Online Notary through Notarize (https://www.Notarize.com)
- Only available for the following states: AZ, CO, FL, IN, NV, ND, UT, VT
- You will need to sign up and upload PDFs of your documents
- Arrange for your witnesses to be with you and then submit the request to notarize.com
Arrange for TWO witnesses who are at least 18 years old (the age may be higher in your state) to watch you sign. They do not need to review the documents.
For ALL documents your witnesses MAY NOT be any of the following people:
- A relative of yours by blood, marriage, or adoption
- A person who will inherit from you when you die
- Anyone you appointed in a document
Note: for some documents there are additional restrictions or requirements. This information is delivered with each estate plan.